About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Zack Cozart Right Wrist Keeps Him Sidelined





Zack Cozart’s day off on Sunday was planned but he has missed some time with discomfort in his left wrist.

Arismendy Alcantara was in the lineup on Sunday at secondbase.  Jose Peraza moved to shortstop and took Cozart’s place batting second in the lineup.
http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

“There is nothing going on with the wrist,” Cozart said. “There is nothing really to say about it. Sometimes it feels terrible. Sometimes it feels good. So we’re just taking it day by day. It’s mainly when I sleep, trying not to get in any weird positions and have it stuck there for awhile or whatever. It’s precautionary. So I’m not using it in bad ways.  There’s nothing crazy going on. It’s one of those things where you tweak something. Because I swing everyday. It’s going to be there for a little while. I’ve had some days off. I’ve been playing a month and a half with it, ever since Pittsburgh.”

There is nothing structurally wrong with it although he had a brace-line bandage on it after returning from the indoor batting cage Sunday morning.

“Honestly, I don’t know why I go a week or two feeling great and it just pops up again. I don’t know what causes it.  Whether its a swing anything like a dive.  It’s nothing major. It just flares up,” Cozart said. “The best thing would just be rest but in baseball there is no time off, so it’s not going to happen.”

Cozart is hitting a lofty .351 at the quarter pole of the season.  He has 20 hits for extra bases among his 46 hit, 12 doubles, four triples and four home runs.

“I just have to play through it,” Cozart said. “I want to play every day. I hate not being out there for the team but there are just some days when it doesn’t feel good.  Today is not one of those days.  It was already a scheduled off day. I talked to Bryan (Price) a couple days ago. It’s just we want to win a series today so I want to be out there.”




No comments:

Post a Comment