About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Anthony DeSclafani Working To Comeback Soon





Anthony DeSclafani wanted a break from his throwing program in Goodyear, Arizona.  He used an MRI this morning to allow him to hang out with the guys and watch a few games.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
His throwing program is progressing, slowly, but progressing non the less.

“I’m feeling good,” DeSclafani said. “I’m making progress for sure. I’ve still got a few more weeks but my arm is feeling better. I’m definitely headed in the right direction.”

For the second year in a row, the 26-year old, started the season on the disabled list. Last season it was a strained left oblique.

“I didn’t know what an oblique was,” DeSclafani said.

This year his elbow was barking. It required rest rather than surgery.

DeSclafani wanted to spend a few days with his teammates before continuing his work to get back healthy and pitch ‘for a long time.”

“I came here to get another MRI, get out of Arizona for a little bit and be around the guys, watch a few games before I go back,” DeSclafani said.. “It is tough being away from baseball and not being able to compete. Now I feel like we have a pretty solid team here. I know we’re only a month into it but I feel we’ve played some really good baseball. The bullpen’s been great. The starting pitching has had some good times and bad but we’re only a game back and I want to be a part of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment