About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Reds Option Sal Romano Recall Lisalverto Bonilla







Sal Romano was sent back to Louisville to find home plate, Bryan Price is confident Romano will come back to the Reds this season.

Lisalverto Bonilla, who the Reds claimed off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates the first day of spring training, was recalled to work out of the bullpen.

The series of short starts have kept the Reds scrambling in the bullpen, which has been very effective in 12 of the 13 games so far.  The Reds need a long start to keep the bullpen fresh.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Tim Adleman did his part with four good innings following Romano on Sunday.  The big righthander, who pitched well for the team the second half of last year, will start on Friday against the Chicago Cubs.

“Our rotation is as fluid as any position we have on the team,” Bryan Price said. “We will see who slots in for Saturday.  The pitcher is here now.  I don’t see Rookie Davis’ bullpen coming in time to make that start.”

Adleman and Romano pitched on the same day and Adleman had the better innings.

“We needed bullpen help.  Adleman can’t be ready to go today. Robert Stephenson has two days off after throwiing 50 pitches. Adleman threw the ball very well. I have great confidence Sal will be back here during the season.  Adleman gained arm strength over the course of spring training. He had better command in Louisville.  Sal’s start suggested he did need a little bit of polish. Adleman was throwing quality strikes. To some degree it was head-to-head.  The next time we see Sal he’ll be better. What we saw wasn’t representative of what Sal can do.”

Bonilla last pitched in the Major Leagues for the Texas Rangers.  He was 3-0 with three starts and a 3.05 ERA.  Bonilla also made two appearances out of the bullpen. He missed the 2015 season, recovering from elbow surgery. Bonilla spent last season in the Dodgers minor league system.

“I’m really comfortable pitching out of the bullpen,” Bonilla said through interpretor Julio Morillo.  “”It’s really big for me being here after three years. I’ve always been positive.  I hope to show what I can do so I can stay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment