About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

IU, Middletown's Kyle Schwarber May Get To World Series After All






Kyle Schwarber thought his season was over in April when he tore both the ACL and LCL in his left knee in the Cubs third game of the season.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
His manager Joe Maddon was asked about Schwarber by a Cincinnati writer the last weekend of the season as the Cubs closed in on its 103rd win of the season.

"Of course he's not going to play, but he's been killing his rehab," Maddon said. "I talk to him every day. He's always around cheering his teammates. He is disappointed he hasn't been able to participate."

That may change.  The Cubs sent the Middletown native to Arizona with the idea of getting some at bats.  There is a possibility that he can be added to the Cubs roster in time for the World Series, should they defeat the Dodgers one more time at Wrigley Field this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment