About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, September 5, 2016

Billy Hamilton Gets Good News





The oblique strain in Billy Hamilton's left side will not be one that ends his season.

Oblique strains have been known to take months to heal.  The area is involved in everything the body does. Even a sneeze can be hurtful, let alone baseball activity.

When Hamilton tweaked the oblique on Sunday, he tried to talk manager Bryan Price into letting him stay in the game but his more experienced teammates yelled to him that he should get to the bench.

"I had one of those in 2011," Zack Cozart said.  "It was so minor that it barely showed up on the MRI. Everything I did was painful and you can easily make it a lot worse if you don't take care of it. Your adrenaline takes over and you think you'll be alright. I may not hurt just standing there but the first time you check your swing or swing and miss it hurts."

Hamilton will rest for several days, giving younger teammates a chance to show what they can do.  Jose Perazza had two hits Monday in Hamilton's place.

“It looks like it might not be a season-ender, but it will be several days before we can talk about resuming baseball activities. It will be a topic of conversation for the next several days," Bryan Price said.

No comments:

Post a Comment