About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Reds Farm Cody Reed Recall Kyle Waldrop...Brandon Phillips and Zack Cozart Out Of The Lineup





Reed, the key talent in the trade that sent Johnny Cueto to Kansas City, was 0-7 in 10 starts with a 7.36 ERA overall.  Reed had problems in the first inning of games.  His ERA was over 14 in 10 first innings.

 “What we wanted to see was him turn the corner somewhat. I talked to Cody when we sent him out and I told him his season was not dissimilar to those with the kids we brought up last year," Bryan Price said. "They struggled and got knocked around. He needs to work on controlling the running game and his command of the zone. He’s got some things to work on, and he will. He’s got some work to do on his delivery.”
http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Is he an option to be recalled in September?

“He is for me. Some of that might be based on his innings. We know what we want to do with him. We want him to pitch in September,” Price said.

Brandon Phillips is sitting out with contusions on both knees.  Tony Renda will start in his place.  Ivan De Jesus is in the lineup giving Zack Cozart a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment