About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Adam Duvall First Season Full Of Firsts







The All-Star experience has to be a thrill for Major League players to be considered at the top of their game.

For Adam Duvall, making his first Major League roster out of spring training, firsts are piling up but he is taking them in stride even after his All-Star debut in San Diego on Tuesday.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
It is his first year as a left-fielder in professional baseball.  It was his first All-Star game and home run derby.
Duvall  came back to Great American Ball Park with a golden bat signed by all of the participants of the home run derby.  He has a jersey signed by all of the All-Star players.

The soft spoken 27-year old from Louisville, Kentucky  is tied for second in the National League with 23 home runs.  Duvall is sixth in the National League with 61 RBI, two behind Reds’ team leader Jay Bruce.
“It was a great experience,” Duvall said of his appearance at the All-Star game.  “At no time was I nervous.”

Duvall didn’t notch his first All-Star game hit but had a big at bat in the game.   He fouled off several two strike pitches before drawing a walk to load the bases, becoming the potential winning run in the seventh inning.

“It was a big at bat,” Duvall said when told the broadcasters were complementary about him fouling off some tough pitches.  “Actually, I thought I missed a couple of those pitches.  I think I could have hit one or two of them in the gap.”

No comments:

Post a Comment