About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Keyvius Sampson Likely To Fill John Lambs Spot In The Rotation





It will be temporary and conditional but Keyvius Sampson will most likely take John Lamb's next turn.

Homer Bailey is making, possibly his last rehab start tonight for Louisville.  Sampson is stretched out and pitched four scoreless innings in relief of Lamb on Saturday.

Unless the Reds need him in an extra inning game today or Friday.  Sampson would be considered over a minor league roster move.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
“There’s a real probability that Keyvius will start one the game," Bryan Price.. If we don’t use him today, we’ll probably slot him into Saturday’s start with Finnegan going on Sunday. There are a lot of concerns. My main concern is making sure Straily and DeSclafani not go too long without a start. I wouldn’t want to see them go seen or eight days without pitching. There are a lot of different scenarios. If we have to Keyvius today, we’ll probably just keep the guys in the regular rotation.”

Sampson has allowed three earned runs in 6 2/3 innings since his return on June 29.

“He’s around the plate a little more. He’s got the stuff and he’s showing more of a willingness to compete in the zone. I’d like to see him get his number of pitches down,” Price said.




No comments:

Post a Comment