About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Homer Bailey Nearly Ready




Homer Bailey could pitch in his first game since April 23 of 2015 as early as July 25.

Last night at Louisville Bailey threw 67 pitches over four innings.  He allowed three runs,one earned, on three hits and two walks.  Bailey struck out five.

Bailey reported no pain and has another rehab start on July 20.

"Most guys get six innings and close to 100 pitches on rehab," Bryan Price said.  "Homer felt good. It's a big step in the right direction.  Regardless of when he's activated, he'll pitch on the day he's ready to pitch but we will keep in mind that he's on the tail end of his rehab.  There will be certain protocols we have to adhere to.  We have to remember that he's coming off back-to-back elbow surgeries."

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Bailey felt he wasn't as sharp as he's used to.

"I wasn't quite as sharp as I was last time," Bailey said..  "I think maybe one more and get activated. I need to get a little adrenaline going. It will get me locked into focus a little bit."

Hear it from Bailey below:








No comments:

Post a Comment