About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Raisel Iglesias And Michael Lorenzen Returning In New Roles Anthony DeSclafani Next Starter Back




The Reds are slowly but surely are getting a whole new pitching staff.

Anthony DeSclafani pitched six efficient, effective innings for Louisville last night.  It is a near certainty that the Reds' "Ace" from last season, will make his next start with the Reds. He has had three rehab starts in his 2 1/2 month odyssey on the disabled list with a strained left oblique.

"My arm feels good and I don't even think about the oblique," DeSclafani said. "I had three rehab starts and a couple bullpens in between and I'm throwing 100 percent. My pitches are sharp for the most part. They could be sharper. I'll throw a pen in between but I think I'm good to go."
http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Two other pitchers that were in the Reds' spring starting rotation, Raisel Iglesias and Michael Lorenzen, who is throwing live batting practice in Goodyear, Arizona, are due back soon.

"They will be ready a couple days apart," Bryan Price said. "Around the 20 and 22.  Raisel will be in the bullpen for a couple of reasons.  First it will solidify the bullpen. It will allow us to keep an eye on his innings. We can revisit putting him in the starting rotation next spring."

Iglesias was shut down in September last year with fatigue in his right shoulder.  An off season flexibility program and delayed start for spring training failed to help.  Iglesias has pitched in three games, covering 18 innings before landing on the DL again.

"Iglesias excelled in the bullpen in International play," Price said. "It won;t take long to get him into the routine."

Lorenzen had tendonitis in his right elbow this spring.  While rehabbing, he suffered a bout of mononucleosis.  Lorenzen, who can through 100 mph, will also work out of the bullpen. For the same reasons as Iglesias.

:Lorenzen was a college outfielder, who closed games in the ninth inning.

No comments:

Post a Comment