About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Dayan Diaz Sent To Louisville, Kyle Waldrop Recalled






The Reds battered bench made a roster move to shore up the bench now that the starting pitchers have put three strong games together.  The battered bullpen has calmed down a bit but the bench consisting of Jordan Pacheco, Ivan De Jesus Jr. and Tyler Holt needed help.

Dayan Diaz was optioned to Triple A Louisville and left-handed hitting outfielder Kyle Waldrop was recalled.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"Our bench is banged up," Bryan Price said.  "They can play but they are all beat up.  It is nice to have a left-handed hitter on the bench.  For awhile my only options were the catchers Tucker (Barnhart) or Ramon (Cabrera)."

Both are switch hitters.


"Cabrera had that finger hit by a foul ball," Price said.  "He wants to play but he was hit on it in the same place last night."

Waldrop was hitting .247 with four home runs and 17 RBI at Louisville.

"I don't want him sitting here and just getting three or four pinch hit at bats a week," Price said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment