About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Adam Duvall Has All-Star Numbers






The All-Star ballots are out in circulation and the early returns are in.

Adam Duvall is not among the 15 outfielders listed in spite of his All-Star credentials  Duvall leads the National League with a .622 slugging percentage with 31 extra-base hits which is tied for second in the league.  In addition Duvall's batting average is a solid .270 going into the Wednesday night game against the Stl Louis Cardinal.  Duvall is second in the league with 17 home runs a pace that would give him 47 on the season.  His 38 RBI is tied for 8th in the league and is two behind team leader Jay Bruce.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Tne lack of All-Star votes doesn't bother the University of Louisville graduate, who studied Finance in college and tutors the baseball team members, who take business courses.

"i'm just playing hard everyday," Duvall said. "I don't read any thing online and I don't know my numbers. I'm just trying to help the team."

Duvall belted his 17th home run off former Red Mike Leake.  The irony is Leake was pitching for the Reds against the Giants, Duvall's former team.  Duvall homered off Leake in his first appearance on June 26, 2014. Duvall came to the Reds along with RHP Keury Mella for Leake on July 31, 2015.

"I've only faced him a couple times and I have never met him," Duvall said.  "There are so many at bats, there is no special incentive to hit one off the guy you were traded for."

Duvall had an off-season job tutoring the baseball players at U of L but won't give teammates financial advice consistent with his degree.

"Naw, they all have financial advisore.  If I were to give them advice on something and they loss money, I would feel bad that I cost a teammate.'

Duvall has invested in the stock market a little on his own.

'I give most of my money to a financial advisor but I've purchased stocks that I've researched on my own," Duvall said.

No comments:

Post a Comment