About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, May 9, 2016

Kyle Waldrop Up For Mother's Day, Sent Down Monday, Layne Somsen Recalled







Kyle Waldrop drove with his family from Indianapolis to Cincinnati for Mother's day.  His mother, father, brother, girl friend and cousins were in Indianapolis Saturday night when he got the call to come to the Reds.

He was at his new locker Sunday morning answering questions about his call up.

"I started off slow down in Louisville but the last two weeks have been great," said Waldrop, who missed most of spring training with a strained groin. "I'm happy to get back here and prove what I can do and help this team win.  It's better to have an injury in spring training than to have one in the regular season. I feel great right now."
http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Waldrop watched from the bench as the Reds' built an early lead with John Lamb on the mound.  He watched as Lamb left the game with a sprained thumb suffered during his fourth inning at-bat.  Lamb was pulled from the game with a 2-2 count on Hernan Perez, leading off the fifth.  Reds' trainer, Tomas Vera, came out to examine Lamb.  He was removed from the game.  The over worked bullpen had five innings to cover.  The gave up the Reds 4-1 lead and cost Waldrop his roster spot.

On Monday the Reds' sent Waldrop to Louisville and recalled reliever Layne Somsens for the second time. Somsen took Jay Bruce's roster spot from April 25-27 when Bruce was on paternity leave but didn't get into a game.

“It’s that time of year," Bryan Price said. "We have to go to an eight-man bullpen with as much as I’ve asked those guys to do over the last week to 10 days.”

No comments:

Post a Comment