About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Billy Hamilton Bats Second In Return To Lineup





Billy Hamilton is back in the Reds' lineup against the Milwaukee Brewers after his aching left thumb healed enough to grip the bat..

Hamilton will batting second in the lineup for the second time this season and second time in his career.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"Billy is swinging the bat better," Bryan Price said. "I really want to see (Eugenio) Suarez down in the order. I really think he can be productive there.  Billy has to continue to get better and get on base. His speed plays well at the top of the order and he can bunt with Zack on base."

Cozart remains in the leadoff spot.

"There are things you don't mess with," Price said. "I really like what Zack is doing there.  He has been aggressive early in the count and lays off bad pitches.  It relieves Billy from the taking pitches in the leadoff spot."

Hamilton is on board with the move.

"That's one of the places I wanted to get a chance to bat," Hamilton said. "Cozy hits a double and I can bunt him to third. I've been getting better. I've been watching Joey Votto in extra batting practice and listening when he talks to Don Long."

Hamilton has hit .286 in his last 10 games to raise his average to .215 at game time.

No comments:

Post a Comment