About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Reds Replace General Manager Walt Jocketty







The Reds have named Dick Williams as the team's general manager effective immediately.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Walt Jocketty will remain with the team as the president of baseball operations for at least two more years as his new contract is being finalized


Order Amazon at right

"When Mr. Castellini and I discussed our last contract, I told him that I would be ready to move on to an advisory role," Jocketty said.

Williams, 44, is the son of owner Tom Williams.

"I am excited for this opportunity," Williams said. "I see this as a continuation. It is not a takeover."

Jocketty, 64, has been involved with Major League Baseball for 41 years. the last 21 as a general manager. He has been the Reds' general manager since 2008.

http://pro-ball.com/
"We decided to do this now with the general managers' meeting and the winter meetings coming up," Jocketty said. "Dick has been training for this job for the last 10 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment