About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Kristopher Negron's Highlight Catch His Last Play Of The Season







If you have to suffer a season ending injury, at least make it on a play that makes ESPN's highlights.

Kristopher Negron will require surgery after dislocating his left shoulder after making a diving catch to rob Starling Marte in the seventh inning on Tuesday night.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"At least is was on a sweet play," Negron said. "I think it was that serious at first. It was just a little sore. When I got back in here (clubhouse) it got worse. Then the MRI said it was more serious than I thought. I hurt it in July in Louisville. I was out for seven days and took treatment. I came back and dove on it and slid on it. I was pain free. I don't know for sure but I will possibly have surgery Thursday. It's been a roller coaster year."
Order Amazon at right

Negron never gave his shoulder a thought when the ball left Marte's bat.

"I saw the ball off the bat and all I thought was this is going to be fun," Negron said. "I had to get there. I dove and on the replay you can see my shoulders kind of pop up."

Negron has a terrific second half in the 2014 season.  This season was the first time he started the season on the Major League roster.

Negron was brought up last season in July and played 49 games, in which he hit .271 with a surprising six home runs.  He was named Most Outstanding Player for the series with the Cleveland Indians.

http://pro-ball.com/
This year Negron was off to a disappointing start with the Reds. He played in 43 games, hitting just .140 before he was sent back in late June.

"Kris was swinging the bat well late in the season at Louisville," Bryan Price said.

No comments:

Post a Comment