About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Brayan Pena Wants To Come Back In Spite Of Disappointing Season







Sunday could be Brayan Pena's last game in a Reds' uniform but he wants to return.

Pena sees good things ahead for the Reds. He had front row seats to Kansas City's rise to the top of the American League.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"I was in Kansas City when (Mike) Moustakakas, (Lorenzo) Cain and (Alicides) Escobar were rookies," Pena said.  "Look at them now."

Pena sees the Reds rookie pitching staff the same way.  He would like to come back even though the Reds are in a 10-game losing streak. Pena's two-year contract with the Reds runs out on Sunday.
Order Amazon at right

"In one word this was disappointing," Pena said. "It is no secret we had high expectations and didn't live up to them. It is nobody's fault. It's not the front office or Bryan Price or the coaching staff.  It is us, the players. Each one of us has to look in the mirror. We have to look to see how we can make ourselves better. This losing streak has been tough on us."

Pena doesn't exclude himself  He is hitting a respectable .274 with no home runs and 18 RBI.

"I am committed to losing 25 lbs and making myself more valuable," said Pena, who weighs in currently at 240lbs. "I have already contacted a nutritionist in Orlando. I want to be able to play firstbase more or outfield to be more valuable."

Pena would like to play in Cincinnati, not only because he sees an upside to the team but because he likes the area and loves the fans.

http://pro-ball.com/
"Hopefully, I can come back here," Pena said. "That would be my dream. I love my teammates and the fans. I want to thank the fans and the media. You've been really good to me. I understand its a business. I haven't talked to the Reds' front office yet. I want to focus on finishing strong.

"



No comments:

Post a Comment