About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sean Marshall Working On His Return







Sean Marshall threw 22 pitches off the mound on Wednesday in his effort to continue his stalled career.

Marshall escaped extensive surgery earlier in the year when it was discovered his shoulder wasn't injured as badly as he thought it was.

The Reds have counted on a healthy Marshall to stabilize it's bullpen but he's been largely unavailable for two years.
http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Even with the 2015 season appearing to be a lost cause, Marshall's return is a reason for joy around the Reds' clubhouse.

"The fact that he's throwing off the mound again is like a miracle," Bryan Price said. "Today was his first bullpen. He is going on a trip with us. He hasn't had any setbacks. We just need to build up his arm strength and have him throw his complete mix of pitches."

Order Amazon at right
All of Marshall's 22 pitches were fastballs. The plan is to have him throw bullpen sessions every third day until he can use his entire mix of pitches and recover.

"It felt good," said Marshall, who has been limited to 31 appearances in the last two seasons. "I didn't put everything into them the first go round. I threw back-to-back games against the Dodgers (in June). I got Dee Gordon to pop up but I knew they would be the last pitches that I could throw comfortably."

Marshall is in his last year of a three-year extension and plans to get back into competition before the season ends.

http://pro-ball.com/
"I can't wait to get back into competitive pitching at any level," Marshall said. "We aren't where we want to be but I am looking forward to joining the team on the road."


Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120


















No comments:

Post a Comment