About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Eugenio Suarez Shows Miguel Cabrera And Tigers What He Can Do






As much as Major League players tell us a game against its former team is just another game, we know that the competitive fire that got the player to this level burns hotter when they play against their former teams.

Eugenio had that chance Monday. He made the most of it.

Suarez, who is hitting a cool .308 in the 60 games, had three hits, two in the Reds' 10-run sixth.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Suarez started the scoring with a solo home run with one out.  He drove in two runs in his second at bat of the inning, perhaps his best at bat, and added a single.

"'It was a special night. I feel good that it was against my old team," Suarez said. "I feel blessed that the Reds gave me the opportunity to play and show what I can do. I got to show my old team."

The Reds obtained Suarez from the Tigers this winter for Alfredo Simon.  Although he hit well in Goodyear during spring training, Suarez, 23, was sent to Louisville as Zach Cozart started at shortstop until tearing his knee on June 10.

"Suarez sparked us. You look at his production over 200 at bats," Bryan Price said. "He's been an impact bat in our lineup. It was not something I expected."
Order Amazon at right

Suarez' second at bat of the sixth inning, a bloop double that added two runs to the newly forged 6-5 lead, was perhaps his best at bat as he fought off a good two strike pitch.

"That was a good at bat people told me. I knew he (Neftali Feliz) threw hard. I knew he had a good slider," Suarez said. "I tried to put the ball in play."

http://pro-ball.com/
Among the admirers of the at bat was Detroit firstbaseman Miguel Cabrera, who was Suarez' teammate in Detroit last season and a fellow countryman from Venezuela.  Cabrera has the most home runs, RBI and total bases of any Major League player from Brazil.

"Miguel and I talked last night," Suarez said. "I talk to him often, not everyday, but about twice a week. He's a really good guy. He always tells me to work hard everyday and to keep my head up. He was in the big leagues when I was younger in Venezuela. He's like my older brother."



Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120




No comments:

Post a Comment