About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Kyle Schwarber Returns Home Starts Against Reds







The Cubs fast track brought a hometown boy back to where he watched games as a youth.

Kyle Schwarber from Middletown will start behind the plate and catch against the Reds on Monday night.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
It was less than a week ago that Schwarber won the MVP Award in the Futures Game during All-Star week.  His bat was donated to the Hall of Fame.

"It's good to be back as a player at a place that I watched games for years," Schwarber said.  "It helped that I was at the Futures Game.  It was a sold out crowd. Now I know what to expect. My family and friends will probably be more nervous than I will."

Scharber, 22, signed his first contract just 378 days ago. He was the Cubs' first pick last June and fourth player drafted overall.

"I've always been a Reds' fan," Schwarber said. "I watched Votto, Bruce and Frazier do their thing.  My favorite player was Pokey Reese. I don't know why. I guess I just liked the name."

Schwarber has been getting help on the strategic side of the game from former Reds' catcher David Ross.
Order Amazon at right

"When I was up here for the six days before and I wasn't preparing to hit, I would sit next to David Ross and (Miguel) Montero," said Schwarber, who was with the team for six days as the designated hitter in Cleveland.

http://pro-ball.com/
Schwarber was recalled on Friday when Montero was put on the disabled list.

"There may be an initial charge before the game," Cubs' manager Joe Madden said. "Once the game gets rolling he'll be fine. He can handle it. I'm more worried about off-the-field stuff.  He will be worried about getting tickets for family and not forgetting anyone. He's improved a lot behind the plate since spring training.  He's more supple; not as rigid.  The biggest thing to learn is the strategy and that will take time. He will learn the hitters and what his pitcher can do in situations."

"I am going to treat it like another game," Schwarber said.



Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120

No comments:

Post a Comment