About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Donald Lutz Will Have "Tommy John" Surgery





Reds outfield prospect Donald Lutz will have "Tommy John" surgery soon.

Lutz was placed on the Louisville on the seven-day disabled list on Monday.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
The German national hit .190 with no home runs and three RBI in 13 games

"It's bad but I've had two days to accept it," Lutz said. 

The rehab for pitchers is 12-18 months but is a lot shorter for position players. Lutz plans to play winter baseball to make up for at-bats.

If the Reds need an opening on the 40-man roster, they would have to recall the player and place him on the 60-day disabled list.
Order Amazon at right

No comments:

Post a Comment