About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Yorman Rodriguez Replaces Billy Hamilton




http://donatelifeohio.org/


Billy Hamilton robbed Ryan Braun of a home run on Wednesday night but hit his head on the padded fence.  It was verified that he had a mild concussion.

It was a planned day off for Hamilton any way but his time on the sideline could be extended.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"Billy had a mild concussion," Bryan Price said.  "It was verified. We'll have to go through the concussion protocol.  I'd love it if he was able to play but we wouldn't put him out there if there was any concern about his health."
 
Yorman Rodriguez, 22, took Hamilton's place in centerfield, batting sixth in the lineup.  He was signed out of Venezuela on August 15, 2008, his 16th birthday.
 
Rodriguez is appearing in his eighth game and has four singles in 16 at-bats (.250).
 
Reds caricatures for sale fstopjd@fuse.net
"I see a real good athlete," Price said. "He has a real nice offensive approach from what I've seen as a young hitter.  I think he has a chance to be a really good player. He's 22 and played in Double A. He had a solid year.  He seams to have really good baseball instincts. it would be nice to run him out there for a week or so straight but that's not going to happen.  He might get another start or two.  It looks like he's capable of holding his own. He looks like a much better player than I anticipated seeing at this point in time of his career."   

No comments:

Post a Comment