About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Alfredo Simon On Standby For All-Star Team



http://donatelifeohio.org/


Alfredo Simon, to the surprise of everyone except himself, is tied with the New York Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the Major Leauge lead with 12 wins.

Simon dropped his Earned Run Average to 2.70 in beating the Chicago Cubs to gain his 12th win against three losses.  He allowed one run in 6 2/3 innings. It is the 12th lowest in the big leagues.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Simon was left off the All-Star team in spite of having the statistics to warrant selection.  That is subject to change.

Teammate Johnny Cueto, second in the Major Leagues with a 2.03 ERA was chosen but he pitches on Sunday which will make it impractical for him to pitch in the All-Star Game on Tuesday.
Reds caricatures for sale fstopjd@fuse.net

Wednesday was the last start for Simon.  He could pitch Tuesday as he deserves and that is in the works according to Simon.

"I'm happy with the way I've pitched," Simon said on Wednesday. "They didn't pick me but it's no insult to me.  I didn't decide yet what's going to happen. I want to go there because it is going to be big for me. So we will wait and see what's going to happen. They told me to stay behind. I'm not really sad because I have the numbers to be there. I would love to go for sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment