About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jay Bruce Reaches Milestone


http://donatelifeohio.org/

Jay Bruce was humbled as much as he was pleased to reach a milestone.

Bruce earned his 500th career RBI in the first inning against San Francisco's Tim Linncecum on Tuesday with a double that drove home Todd Frazier.

Bruce became the fifth Cincinnati player in history to drive in 500 runs by age 27.  The others were, Johnny Bench 855, Frank Robinson 800, Vada Pinson 700 and Adam Dunn 572.

"It's special and humbling," Bruce said. "It is humbling when you see some of those guys had 800 by this time."

It was Bruce's first run batted in since returning from the disabled list on May 20,

"The important thing is trying not to make up for the time missed," Bruce said.  "I'm just trying to build a good foundation."


No comments:

Post a Comment