About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Reds And Padres Expand Roster For Game Two





The mystery of the 26th man is over and no it is not Teddy Kremer.

The Reds recalled Nick Christiani for the second game to be started by Jeff Francis.

Christiani had to be optioned to allow Francis to be on the 40-man roster in order to be eligible to be used as the 26th man.

Christiani never left town and to my knowledge never left the clubhouse.

The Padres recalled Kevin Quackenbush, who had been called up to cover for Dale Thayer, who was on paternity leave. Thayer returned on Wednesday but the game was washed out. The game was scheduled for a day/night doubleheader for which teams are allowed a 26th player for the roster.

Quackenbush arrived without his luggage on Wednesday.  The 25-year old right-handed reliever was conveniently recalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment