About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Joey Votto Hopes To Play On June 1 Jack Hannahan Has A Setback







http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/


Joey Votto hopes to be ready on May 31, the first day he is eligible to come off the disabled list, from his recent discomfort in his left quad.

"I have input but I have to pass a lot of tests," Votto said.  "The organization will make that evaluation. It had the final say when I sat out to get treatment.  I'm getting stronger. All of us play through stuff, it depends on what you can take.  Ultimately, I needed to take some time."

The forgotten man in the clubhouse, Jack Hannahan, has had another setback.  He had one in spring training.  Hannahan injured his shoulder in spring training last season but played with it the entire year.  He had an operation as soon as the season ended.

He has not responded well to rehab.

"I just had a little setback," Hannahan said. "I'm in a down period. I have some capsulitis (swelling in the capsules of the shoulder.  I won't do anything until the team comes back from the road.  It's been frustrating. I have to start over.  I haven't been able to bounce back after I throw.  I had a setback in spring training but it didn't bother me to swing the bat.  Now it does."

Mat Latos will go out on a rehab assignment in Louisville.  The Reds would like him to build up to six innings roughly 90 pitches.  It will take about three starts to get to that point.




No comments:

Post a Comment