About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mat Latos Suffers A Setback Will Be Out Longer Than Anticipated







Mat Latos felt something in his elbow during his abbreviated bullpen session on Friday.

Mat obviously didn’t feel very good yesterday," Bryan Price said. "Everything started out fine, then he threw a pitch that bothered the inside of his right elbow, and we’re smart enough to know that we needed to shut him down. They’re doing some testing on the area to see if there’s some swelling and tightness in the area. We’re hoping that’s all it is. We’re optimistic that’s it, but it is a step back.”

Latos was frustrated and surly when asked about "the news."

“I didn’t get any news. Nobody told me anything, I just knew it,” Latos said “It’s frustrating to take care of a problem you had at the end of last year, to make everything better, and to not be able to get out there and throw. It seems like every time I take a step forward, I take eight steps backward. The back of my elbow feels fine. That was the problem in Arizona. Now it’s the forearm.”

The team ordered an MRI which took place at 9:00 a.m.

“They think they’ve kind of got it pinpointed. They want to be 100 percent sure. I’ll find out later today what’s going on with it,” Latos said.

Latos doesn't know how the current problems relate to his past injuries.

 “I throw a baseball or  living. I’m not a doctor. I couldn’t tell you. All I know is it sucks not being able to play. It sucks not being able to go out there and throw the ball and be on the field. We’ve played the Cardinals (in two series). We’ve got a pretty good schedule first month, and it sucks not being out there. It’s definitely bugging me. I’m definitely not getting a good night’s sleep – actually many nights. I’m in the dark, as much as you guys are,” Latos said.

No comments:

Post a Comment