About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Reds Getting Pitchers Back




The Reds lost to Cleveland in the rubber match of the Arizona version of the Ohio Cup, 8-3.

Cleveland won three of the five games.

The Reds sent three pitchers to get their work in minor league games.

Mat Latos recovering from elbow and knee surgery and Jonathan Broxton, who had more serious elbow surgery pitched for Pensacola on Monday.

Latos - 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (43 Pitches)

Broxton - 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K (13 Pitches)

Homer Bailey pitched for Louisville.

Bailey 4.2ip, 8h, 5er, 0bb, 4k, 43 pitches

"Homer's line wasn't great but it sounded like the ball was coming out of his hand good," Price said. "Latos and Broxton threw the ball well from the reports I got. If we get through today and they come out of it feeling good, then it will be a good day."

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Johnny Cueto will pitch in a minor league game on Tuesday.

Alfredo Simon will pitch in the rotation as a starting pitcher at least once.

He pitched five innings and allowed two home runs.

"I am excited about starting," Simon said. "I just want to show them I can start games. I like to throw a lot of innings."

Jay Bruce had two hits, including a double.  Joey Votto had two hits.  Ryan Ludwick had two hits. The middle of the Reds' lineup had a good day.  Zack Cozart doubled in a run.

J.J Hoover along with Manny Parra and Sam LeCure could be used as a closer while Aroldis Chapman is out with his head injury.

Hoover gave up a three-run home run to Jason Kipnis.




No comments:

Post a Comment