About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Talk Is Cheap Unless You're Pete Rose







There is another Pete Rose book being released on March 11.

This one was not written by Rose or a Rose assigned co-conspirator for purjury.

The Business Courier's Steve Watkins wrote the following edition published this morning.
(clik below)
http://bit.ly/1c5j6y3

Watkins contacted Rose publicists and was told that Rose requested $500.00 for a 10-minute interview.  I hope he and his mouthpiece remember the next time he is looking for free publicity through the media.  I for one would have to charge him to speak to me.  I doubt that I would want to talk to him about anything.  I prefer people who tell the truth.

Rose followers claim baseball was better in Rose's day.  They say the players from his era didn't play for the money. How naive.  If we use Rose to define players of his era, which would be patently unfair, money is all they played for.

I have no problem with Homer Bailey negotiating an $105 million contract.  It is an arm's length transaction.  It is also true that Rose has the right to speak or not speak with the press or anyone else.

Just don't try to sell me Rose as a baseball ambassador.  I'm not buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment