About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mat Latos Is Making Progress






Mat Latos ran through agility drills, pitcher's fielding practice during which he backed up bases.

The righthander had two surgeries since October.  Dr. Timothy Kremchek removed loose bodies from Latos elbow in October.  Latos had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on February 14.
http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

"I had a full workout, or almost full," Latos said.  "I felt a little sore but that is to be expected. I was pushing off during the agility drills.  Everything went good."

Latos had his stitches removed and wants to see how he feels tomorrow.  He doesn't want to put a timetable on his return.

"I don't want to rush back and have a setback.  Everything is fine.  There was a little swelling in the knee after the exercises but a little ice will take care of that," Latos said.  "My goal is to wake up tomorrow and do the same thing I did today."

No comments:

Post a Comment