About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bryan Price Meet Bryan Price







Bryan Price has been on the job for two weeks as manager of the Cincinnati Reds.  He is not a household name.
Reds/ manager Bryan Price

He is also not the only Bryan Price in Goodyear.



Bryan Price Indians.






The Cleveland Indians have a right-handed pitcher in their camp with the same name and spelling.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
The younger Price has the same unusual spelling of his first name. The Indians' Price was a first-round pick of the Boston Red Sox out of Rice University in 2008.

Manager Price didn't make the major leagues as a left-handed pitcher but is aware of the younger Price.

"I saw the name and looked him up," the Reds' manager said.  "He had a good year."

The 27-year old Texan was 2-3 with a fine 2.04 ERA in 46 relief appearances at Akron and Columbus.

There have been baseball cards that fans wanted signed mistakenly sent to the office of the Reds' manager.

"I had to send them back," said manager Price.

When told of this, the Indians' hurler laughed and told a reporter, "Just have him sign them.  I use a big loopy B then a squiggle and a big loopy P and a squiggle.  He'll get it. I haven't met him but when people in baseball have the same name, you get to know about them fast."

The Reds' manager would like to meet the Indians' pitcher.  They will have a chance to meet as the Reds and Indians meet four more times this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment