About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cueto Throws 60 Pitches In Simulated Game






The look on his face told the story before interpreter Tomas Vera had a chance to translate it.

"I thank God.  I feel good," Cueto responded to the opening question after his simulated game on Wednesday morning.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Cueto pitched a lot from the stretch.  There are theories that the windup Cueto developed with an exaggerated turn in his motion, contributed to his injuries.

'I was working out of the stretch because I don't have the feel for that yet," Cueto said.  "I have changed my windup a little.  I am trying to stay more out in front.  I finished all of my pitches in a good way."

Cueto guessed that he gave up three hits in game in which the only fielders were bullpen coach Mike Stefanski and firstbase coach Billy Hatcher, who took some pickoff throws.

"I didn't give up any runs," Cueto said with a grin.

The next step is unknown at this time.

"It is up to the manager and general manager," Cueto said. "I'll do what they want."

"He's throwing pretty good," Dusty Baker said.  "It's not surprising.  His mechanics are sound. He tired a little bit at the end which is expected. When he got tired he dropped location but not velocity."

Baker had no timetable for Cueto's return.

"We will see how he comes of this," Baker said.


No comments:

Post a Comment