About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Ryan Hanigan Off The DL In The Lineup; Corky Miller Placed On The DL






Ryan Hanigan is back from the 15-day disabled list and will start behind the plate against the San Diego Padres.

Corky Miller was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a contusion on his right quadricep muscle.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Hanigan has been on the disabled list since July 11.  He skipped a minor league rehab assignment.

"It's been a grind," Hanigan said.  "The training staff has done a good job.  I feel good. I've done a lot of different things. I have some strength back. Defensively, I feel fine.  The last time I jumped the gun a little too quick.  I took eight or nine days off around the All-Star break.  I pushed it a little too quickly before.  That was my fault.  Sitting on the bench isn't fun."

Hanigan has had a lot of bumps and bruises along the way.

"My legs are in good shape," Hanigan said.  "I think I'll be strong down the stretch."

Miller was injured on Wednesday in a collision at home plate on a play in which Jay Bruce threw out Alberto Callapso.

'It's good to have Hanigan back.  Corky did a good job in the mean time," Dusty Baker said. "Corky came through for us.  He came through for us offensively better than we anticipated."

Baker isn't sure how much the lack of a rehab stint will affect his catcher.

"I've seen guys do well without a rehab stint," Baker said.  "He wasn't exactly hot when he went down. Sometimes guys can just be natural.  I remember Ramon Hernandez didn't go down for a rehab after he was out quite awhile and Benito Santiago when he was here didn't and did ok.  This rehab thing is relatively new."

No comments:

Post a Comment