About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Reds' First Round Draft Pick Phillip Ervin Off To A Good Start






The Reds drafted centerfielder Phillip Ervin in the first round of the 2013 draft, the 27th player selected.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Phillip Ervin
The 20-year old from Leroy, Alambama was chosen out of Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama.

Ervin signed quickly with the Reds and was assigned to Billings in the Pioneer League.  Ervin reached base in all of the Mustang's first 10 games.  He is hitting .353 with two home runs and seven RBI.

The 5'11' right-handed hitter has walked seven times and struck out seven times.  He has stolen three bases in as many attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment