About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Reds Bullpen Roles Won't Change






Someone asked Dusty Baker if Sam LeCure would be used in more pressure situations.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

'Do you ask because of the blown save yesterday?" Baker responded.

The inquisitor wanted to know if LeCure would be used later in the game, insinuating the eighth and ninth innings are more pressure-packed than say, the sixth inning.

"If you've noticed I bring Sam into the game with bases loaded in the middle innings a lot.  Those situations are really pressure situations," Baker said.

LeCure has pitched in 21 games.  In three of those games he entered with runners on base. LeCure has inherited six base runners and none of them have scored.

"He's like my utility guy.  I can bring him in any time.  There aren't many pitchers that can do that," Baker said.  "I try hard not to overuse him.  Instead of changing his role.  Some of the other pitchers need to get guys out."


Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120

No comments:

Post a Comment