About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Derrek Robinson Back in the Lineup For the Reds





Dusty Baker is not superstitious.  Although the Reds scored more than two runs against St. Louis for the first time in seven tries with Robinson in the two hole, other factors affected Baker's decision.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

"Sometimes these moves work," Baker said. "I've got Arroyo on the mound. We need more outfield defense. Plus (Lance) Lynn doesn't give up many runs so we may need to manufacture some runs.  In Chicago, a smaller ballpark, I'll need some power and go back to X (Xavier Paul). Then Robinson will play again on Wednesday against (Travis) Wood.  Every body brings something to the table about what we may need that night."

Robinson has made 11 starts, nine in leftfield and two in centerfield. On Saturday, Robinson hit a pair of doubles against the Cardinals and scored the go ahead run.  He is hitting .421 in his last eight appearances.

Johnny Cueto and Sean Marshall are progressing.

"If Johnny were having a set back, I would have heard about it.  He seems happy.  I can pretty much tell about him by looking at him.  I talked to Marshall and he's getting better.  He is going with us to Chicago," Baker said.

The Reds will spend the next four games in Chicago beginning with a night game Monday.  They play at night again on Tuesday, then follow with afternoon games on Wednesday and Thursday.

"It is going to be a long night then going to Chicago," Baker said.  "Luckily, it's a night game."

The Cubs play mostly day games at Wrigley Field.  The Sunday meeting with the Cardinals was originally scheduled for 1:10 but was pushed back to 8:00 pm to accommodate the National Game of the Week broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment