About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Joel Bender Has A Good Outing Against Kannapolis






Oak Hills High School grad, Joel Bender, pitched 1 1/3 innings for the Dayton Dragons against the Kannapolis Intimidators Friday on the back fields at Goodyear.

Bender, a left-handed reliever, allowed a hit and a walk and struck out two.

"I came in with runners on second and third and two outs," Bender said.  "Then I showed my weakness which is getting off the mound to cover bases.  I have to get off the mound quicker.  I had full command of my fastball, change and slider.  It went pretty well."

Bender will pitch again on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment