About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Reds Block Johnny Cueto From Pitching In The World Baseball Classic

The Cincinnati Reds used the appeal process to prevent ace Johnny Cueto from pitching for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic.

 A 19-game winner last season, Cueto strained his right oblique eight pitches into the opening game of the Division Series in San Francisco.

"I wanted to pitch for the Dominican but the team said no. It's all right," Cueto said. "I am going to work to get ready for the season. I was ready to pitch. I'm 100 percent. I talked to my agent they said no, so no problem. I understand they worry about my oblique. I will be watching the Classic and rooting for the Dominican."

Manager Dusty Baker agrees with the team's stance.

"I'm not sure happy is the right word. I'm more relieved." Baker said. "I understand the pressure for the Latin player to pitch for their country. If he was a 10-game winner instead of a 19-game winner there wouldn't be as much pressure."



Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120






No comments:

Post a Comment