About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Joey Votto Going to Dayton Tuesday

Joey Votto is going back to Dayton on Tuesday.

The Reds informed its star player, who has missed 40 games to date, that he will play in a rehab assignment in Dayton.  If everything goes well, Votto will meet the team next weekend in Houston.


"I'm a little apprehensive because I haven't played in a long time.
The work on the field has been good.  I have a long way to go on my
swing.  The things that I'm uncomfortable about will come out when I
play in Dayton."

The Reds are 27-13 since Votto was disabled on July 16.





No comments:

Post a Comment