About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Scott Rolen to 15-Day Disabled List

The Reds put Scott Rolen on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left shoulder.

Rolen was examined by Dr. Timothy Kremchek at 6:00 and it was determined that he be disabled.  It is the same shoulder that was surgically addressed late last season.

Mike Costanzo
The Reds selected the contract of infielder Mike Costanzo from Triple A Louisville.

Costanzo is a left handed hitter, the only one on the Reds bench right now.  He was drafted by Philadelphia in the second round of the 2005 draft.  The 28-year old will make his major league debut when he appears in a game.

Costanzo was signed by the Reds out of the Independant Atlantic League in 2010.  He was hitting .291 with three home runs and 11 RBI in 23 games at Louisville.


Rolen talked with reporters after the announcement.

"I called them today and told them this isn't working," Rolen said.  "I'm hurting.  I'm in pain.  I'm not healthy right now.  As much as I want to help the team, I'm hurting the team.  I'm not taking competitive at bats."



No comments:

Post a Comment