About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Early Measurement of Cincinnati/San Diego Trade

Edinson Volquez and Yonder Alonso are starting for the San Diego Padres.  Mat Latos gets the ball next against the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night.

Volquez has started three games for the Padres.  He is 0-1 with a 4.24 ERA.  The most telling stats for Volquez though is his high walk total.  He has issued 12 walks in 17 innings more than six per game.  He has 17 strikeouts (9 per game).

Alonso is hitting .233 with two doubles and two RBI.  He has walked three times and fanned seven times in 30 at bats.  That is a rate of 140 per season.

Mat Latos is 0-1 in two starts with a 5.59 ERA.  In 9 2/3 innings he has walked five and struck out five.

No comments:

Post a Comment