About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Mess With The Umpire

Bruce Bochy told the members of the press a story told to him by the retiring Houston Astro clubhouse man.

Mike Hampton was coming up with the Houston Astros.  In his younger days he wore a lot of bling, gold chains around his neck.

Houston was in Chicago and Hampton was with the clubhouse man at a restaurant when umpire Joe West walked in.

West, who has an abrasive personality and a caustic sense of humor asked the clubby, "Who is the guy was with the Mister T starter set?"

Hampton shot back, "Mind your own business, fat ass."

The clubby told Hampton, "You might want to apologize.  He has the plate tomorrow."

It was the shortest outing in Hampton's career.




No comments:

Post a Comment