About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Brandon Phillip's Mom May Keep Him Out of the Game

Brandon Phillips cramped scoring from first base on Jake Westbrook's throwing error.

Wilson Valdez finished the game for him.

"I don't think its serious," Dusty Baker said.  "He probably won't play tomorrow though."

The Reds took him out as a precaution and Phillips will trust Baker's judgement.

"It's a marathon," Phillips said.  "I was going to go back out but P.L. (trainer Paul Lessard) wouldn't let me.  The inning was about to start and I was cramping up.  I don't make the lineup and if I can't come in tomorrow and show them I can play.  I probably won't."

Phillips mother is in town and has been making some of her Georgia Sweet Tea.

"I have to drink more water.  My mom's been making me this sweet tea and it's so good.  I have to make sure I drink more water."

No comments:

Post a Comment