About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baker Indicates Ludwick Will Start Opening Day

With Mark Buehrle pitching Ryan Ludwick would be a better matchup than Chris Heisey. That does not mean that Ludwick has won the job in leftfield.

Dusty Baker will go with whichever player matches up with the pitcher that day.

"Heisey is not a good match up for Buehrle," Baker said. "He throws all the junk out there. That's not Heisey's strength. "With Heisey and Ludwick, one of them will have a good day because of who they matched up with but the next day they might not match up. They might say, 'I've had two hits today or hit a home run today' how come I'm not playing today or the fans say it".

Buehrle is scheduled to pitch for Miami in Cincinnati against Johnny Cueto on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment