About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reds Trim Spring Roster

The Reds dropped eight from its spring training squad Sunday morning.

Moeller High RHP Andrew Brackman was optioned to Louisville.  OF Denis Phipps and IF Chris Valaika were also sent to Triple A Louisville.

RHP Carlos Fisher, LHP Ron Mahay, LHP Clayton Tanner, RHP Kanekoa Texeira, and LHP Clay Zavada were reassigned to the minor league camp.

The roster is now a 34 with a week left to whittle down to the 25 players for opening day, Ryan Madson will likely be placed on the 60-day disabled list, leaving eight more to trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment