About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nick Masset Will Start the Season on the 15-Day Disabled List

The Reds lost another member of the bullpen on Wednesday. Nick Masset was placed on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right shoulder.

"The trainers have a good grip on it," Masset said. "I've been told that it would be a week or two."

The Reds will be missing Ryan Madson, who signed to be the closer, for the season.

Mat Latos left the game on Tuesday with a strained left calf.

"It's a bummer because you put in all those hours in the off season," Masset said. "There is no major damage. Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround."

Masset would like to rehab in Cincinnati and be close to his teammates rather than rehab in extended spring training.

"I always want to be with the team. This is a team game. I want to be there to cheer on my teammates," Masset said.

No comments:

Post a Comment