About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cincinnatians at Spring Training

Staking out Matt Garza and Sean Marshall yesterday at Goodyear Ball Park, I met some folks from home.

I wait in the rightfield stands for the day's pitcher to come off the field. There is a bus to take departing Reds players back to the clubhouse nearly a mile away. I need to catch them for quotes before they get on a bus, so I sit in the sun for a couple innings.

On Tuesday I met Karen Binzel and her parents. Karen is a math teacher at Mason Jr. High, she was recently named the girls varsity golf coach. She is out here enjoying spring training games during spring break.

Gary Yeats, the retired baseball coach from Fairfield, pointed out one of his former players. Scott Hormann threw the winning touchdown pass against Lakewood St. Edward to down Fairfield's football championship in 1986.

Hormann now lives in Littleton, Colorado and reminisced with Yeats during Reds batting practice on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment