About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Aroldis Chapman Looks Good in 9-4 Loss to Padres Split Squad

Aroldis Chapman gave up a home run to Andy Parrino of the Padres among the four that he allowed in three innings but that was the only run.

Chapman walked seven batters per nine innings out of the Reds bullpen last year and vows to stop the free passes.  He allowed none today.

"No one had to tell me," Chapman said.  "I knew I had to cut down."

Chapman allowed that his concentration waned at times last year for worrying about personal matters.

He is working on a split finger fastball.  The Reds asked him not to throw it the first couple years here in Cincinnati but as a starter he needs another pitch.  He is using it now in place of a change up.

Todd Frazier hit a two-run double and continues to make a case for earning a backup role with the Reds.  He leads the team with three doubles and three home runs.  He is tied with Daniel Lutz for the RBI lead with eight.

Brandon Phillips younger brother PJ shared the field for the first time in their lives for a half inning.  PJ singled in his first at bat and flied out to deep left in his other at bat.  PJ played centerfield.  He is currently listed on the Reds Triple A roster at Louisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment