About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bengals Lose But Back Into Playoffs

Two long runs by Ray Rice doomed the Bengals to a  24-16 loss to the Baltimore Ravens but will go to the playoffs as the AFC's sixth seed.

Kansas City defeated the Denver Broncos, 7-3 knocking them from contention for the spot, finishing 8-8.  The New York Jets lost to Miami earlier.  Oakland will win the division with a win over San Diego but a loss will also make them 8-8, one game worse than the Bengals 9-7.

Tennesee beat Houston by a point but the Bengals had the tie breaker over the Titans with their win in a head-to-head earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment