About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Xavier Holds Off Morgan State 74-63

Xavier defeated visiting Morgan State by eleven points without its leading scorer, Tu Holloway, who was suspended fo a minor NCAA violation.

Holloway played on two AAU teams in the off season that triggered the violation.  He was suspended for one game.

In his absence, Mark Lyons ran the point for the Musketeers, scoring a team high 22 points and dishing out six assists.  Lyons also led Xavier with seven rebounds.

Newcomer Dezmine Wells added 12 in his Xavier debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment